Last Saturday, Lynne and Asaf took me to Cesarea, a beautiful ancient sea port that is just a few minutes drive from their house. There had been a little rain the previous evening, and as the result, the sea had waves unlike I have seen here! We spent a good chunk of the day walking around the park, which has lots to see and do, including shops, cafes, galleries, a museum and archaeological excavations to explore. We had a lovely breakfast at one of the seaside restaurants, the traditional Israeli breakfast. This is a pretty awesome meal, I must say! We ordered the breakfast for two to split between the three of us, and it came with two huge servings of eggs, Israeli salad, freshly squeezed OJ, coffee, warm bread and TONS of little sauces, jams and other delectables (smoked salmon, tahini, various cheeses, olives etc.) for dipping, mixing and enjoying.
It was the perfect way to spend Shabbat - exploring nature's beauty, enjoying the warm sun on our faces and the mist of the sea in the air...oh, Israel! In other news, the 5th anniversary of my 21st birthday is coming up this week...and I honestly can't believe it! That means I've been here just over two months....has it been that long?? Does this mean my time here is almost half over? YIKES!! If that's the case, I am thinking it's time I step my game up and figure out life a little bit...still feels all too much like a fantasy a lot of the time...much love from the Holy Land!
 |
| Lynne & Asaf :) |
 |
| Looking as if I'm about to get soaked here... |
Check out the power of the Mediterranean for yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment